Avoid family conflict by booking your next Golfing Holiday on the Garden Route; it also gives the rest of the family a chance to pursue their own hobbies!
Holidays are all about the whole family (or groups of friends) experiencing the very best of everything and playing golf is a popular sport often pursued in a luxurious setting close to nature. That’s why The Garden Route not only offers lots of golf, but also a multitude of adventure activities for the rest of the family.
Additionally, Golfing holiday’s, usually require accommodation on or near a golf course for ease of access, but that doesn’t mean the non-golfing family members have to stay at home. This is why two of our featured Knysna properties below are so suitable for families and groups with different interests.
The most important thing about planning a golfing holiday on the Garden Route is to book the right golf course and the right accommodation to suit the whole family’s needs.
Knysna in particular, is a spectacular natural wonder surrounded by beaches, forests and mountains which gives the family a chance to immerse themselves in endless activities, events and sports whilst mum and dad play Golf.
Just some of the activities that can be enjoyed in Knysna by the whole family include:
- Adventure activities; Kayaking, surfing, fishing, quad biking, horse riding & paragliding,
- Beaches; Brenton beach, Buffels Bay, Leisure Isle beaches & Coney Glen
- Knysna Lagoon; Boating, Stand-up Paddle Boarding, sailing,
- Shopping; boutiques and craft markets, a superb choice of cafés, pubs and gourmet restaurants
- Women’s Interest; Spa’s, Saunas and Beauty therapists
Below, we have highlighted TWO (Simola & Pezula) of the most famous Knysna Golf Courses located near two of our beautiful holiday rentals;
No.1 River Club & Blue Horizon
1. Simola Golf Course
Simola was designed by Jack Nicklaus. It’s a Signature Golf Course perfectly designed to blend with the surrounding nature. It is unique in its position by being protected from the wind that plagues so may coastal courses with it’s natural surrounding land ridges. Simola boats an unusual configuration of five par-5s and five par-3s offering challenging and rewarding golf for pros and high-handicap players alike. Contact the Simola Pro Shop for rates and to book a round |+27 (0)44 302 9677 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation – No.1 River Club bordering Simola Golf Course
No.1 River Club sleeps 8 people in total and is nestled within the secure Simola Country Estate. It is only 4 minutes drive from The River Club itself which boasts its own river access, and leisure facilities open to the public. Just behind the property are a multitude of cycling routes and MTB trails and the area offers beautiful hills and forests surrounding for endless hiking opportunities.
No.1 River Club accommodation highlights:
- Extreme privacy (so much more than the usual Golf Course accommodation)
- Breathtaking views from its’ elevated position
- Proximity to The River Club with access to it’s amenities; river access, boating, kids playground, braai facilities, driving range, restaurant etc.
- Family-size swimming / plunge pool
- DSTV full bouquet & flat screen TV’s,
- ADSL internet,
- Aircon or under-floor heating [both via a heat pump],
- Huge terraces and outside entertaining spaces
2. Pezula Golf Estate
Pezula offers pristine fairways and greens and is situated right between the Knysna lagoon and the expansive Ocean. Pezula is an award-winning 18-hole course, designed by David Dale and Ronald Fream and and rates amongst the best and the most scenic golf courses in the world. Contact Nigel Herd for golf bookings and rates | Tel +27 44 302 5320 | email@example.com
Accommodation – Blue Horizon, Pezula (Knysna)
Blue Horizon sleeps 8 people and is a luxurious residence offering the ultimate in comfort and relaxation. Built to the highest specification, the property is perched high on the cliff edge offering incredible views of the ocean. This estate holds the world famous Pezula Golf Course and is next to the Pezula hotel and Spa and Gym, making it a top choice for golf enthusiasts and families alike.
Blue Horizon accommodation highlights:
- A spectacular clifftop location on the exclusive, secure development with expansive deck and entertaining space
- Pezula 5* Hotel next door; Gourmet restaurants, Spa & Gym with heated indoor pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room on your door step,
- Access to Pezula communal swimming pool,
- Tennis court and children’s outdoor play area located in a quiet corner of the estate,
- Nature trails for hikers in the surrounding Nature Reserve,
- State of the art kitchen
Both estates mentioned above have the facility of renting clubs and golf carts. If you’re not a novice golfer, don’t worry – both clubs offer assistance.
Like this? Find more by following us on Facebook and keep up to date with everything happening in the area, travel tips, weather updates and more: