February is jam-packed with MTB races along the pristine coast of the Garden Route. Riders come from far and wide to take part in these fabulous events – hoping to achieve greatness and beat personal records. Three events take place in the Knysna and Plett region – namely the TransCape MTB, Knysna Bull, and Cape Epic.
– Takes place from Garden Route town, Knysna to Franschhoek. Happens from the 05/02/2017 to 11/02/2017
– 7 Days – 675km – 12 000m vertical ascent
– On-road nutritional, technical and medical support. Three meals a day. Hotel and guest house accommodation. All transfers between overnight spots and stage starts and finishes
– Limited to 130 riders. Riders can either enter as 2-rider teams or solo entrants
– For full route and more info and booking visit their website.
Knysna Bull MTB / Absa Cape Epic:
– Happens in Knysna and finishes on Thesen Island. Takes place from 23/02/2017 to 26/02/2017
– Billed as the final Absa Cape Epic preparation race, but with a magical Knysna twist
– The Knysna Bull is the reincarnation of the popular RECM Knysna 200
– Three stages of roughly 65km
– Singletrack sections, spectacular indigenous forest riding, testing climbs and exhilarating descents
– First 20 entrants get a special early bird entry price of R4 200 (standard entry fee of R4 950 thereafter)
– 3 days of spectacular riding, an exhilarating urban prologue, dinner on February 23 and all lunches from February 24 to 26.
– Cape Storm sponsoring a jam-packed goody bag with race apparel and gifts from the Knysna Bull sponsors
– To find out more or enter online, visit their website here.
Taking part in the TransCape MTB and looking for luxury accommodation in Knysna?
Villa Seaview in Knysna offers comfortable décor, spacious rooms & a stunning outlook – the stuff of dreams. Have a look at these snapshots:
Get regular Plettenberg Bay, Knysna & Noetzie news, first.
If you haven’t yet ‘Liked’ the Dav1es Exclusive Holiday Rentals Facebook Page – pop over and have a look at all the Garden Route news and helpful tips we provide on a regular basis. Find out ‘What’s On’ in Plett and which places and activities in Knysna come recommended. All that and so much more at your fingertips.