Wine estates along the Garden Route offer a sampling of an array of beautiful award winning wines in breath-taking surroundings. Plettenberg Bay (AKA the Plett Wine Route), has been classified as a “Wine of Origin” region and the route between Knysna and Plett offers some of the most beautiful wine estates in the country with sun-kissed bouquets and gourmet fare. Let’s take a look at two prominent vineyards along the Garden Route…
Two beautiful wine estates worth visiting:
What sets Packwood apart from other wine estates?
For more information:
Tel: + 27 (0) 44 532 7614 | Mobile: +27 (0) 82 253 9621
– An award-winning vineyard in a prime position on a gently rolling hill 330 metres above sea level.
– Amazing views and surrounded by indigenous forest; the sounds of nature in abundance.
– A fully operational dairy farm with 950 resident Jersey cows.
– Award-winning handcrafted wines and bubbly, courtesy of the Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay, & Pinot noir cultivars.
– Homemade cheese platters featuring delicacies from the estate’s farm.
– Easily accessed from both Plett or Knysna for wine tasting & cheese platters or bookable self catering cottages for country style accommodation on a working vineyard.
What sets Bramon apart from other wine estates?
For more information:
Bramon Wine Estate
Tel: + 27 (0) 44 534 8007 | Restaurant: +27 (0) 73 833 8183
– A boutique wine estate with an impressive 250 ton Cellar capacity.
– Prime positioning, sitting just 20km East of Plettenberg Bay.
– Award winning harvests including a sparkling Methode Cap Classique & a still Sauvignon blanc.
– An organic vineyard restaurant overlooking the Tsitsikamma mountains & The Elephant Sanctuary.
– Wines at the restaurant that can be obtained at the cellar price.
– A Tasting Centre on the N2 where one can sample & purchase an array of Bramon wines.
Wine is bottled poetry. – Robert Louis Stevenson
Photo Credits: Packwood Wine Estate, Sharyn Hodges Photography, and Bramon Wine Estate.
Looking to rent a holiday property along the Garden Route?
Browse our carefully selected rental properties; we feature only the best houses in Knysna, Noetzie and Plett. You can view all our properties compare rates, check availability in one click.
Get regular Plettenberg Bay, Knysna & Noetzie news, first.
If you haven’t yet ‘Liked’ the Dav1es Exclusive Holiday Rentals Facebook Page – pop over and have a look at all the Garden Route news and helpful tips we provide on a regular basis. Find out ‘What’s On’ in Plett and which places and activities in Knysna come recommended. All that and so much more at your fingertips.