September the 1st to September the 4th 2016 marks one of the most anticipated events in the MTB calendar – The Plett PE MTB race. We’ve got all you need to know about this highly acclaimed event and the rewarding route around one of the most picturesque regions in the world. Plus, there’s a LITE option too.
What you need to know about the Plett PE MTB Race
– Commences at Kurland Polo fields in Plett on Sept 1st
– 1st overnight at Tsitsikamma Falls Adventure Village
– Second Day: Soloko Game Reserve
– Day 3: Suurbron Farm in Hankey
– Final 4th day: at Crossways farm stall, 4th September
– Plettenberg Bay to Port Elizabeth route offers 320km of biking heaven over 4 days
– Race distances average from 95km (1st day) to 65km (last day)
– Climbing averaging out at 1800 – 2100 meters per/day
– Incredible tracks for the last 20kms (3 Rivers Trails bike park)
– Teams of two and Solo riders will make up the field
– Mixed terrain: great single track, forest, windy gravel roads, Jeep track, and man made bike park trails
This year the race sees the introduction of a new LITE category. So if you’re looking for a shorter, easier route, then this could be the race for you. For more info, visit the official website or check out the event’s Facebook page.
Looking for a place to stay in Plettenberg Bay for the Plett PE MTB Race?
Beachscape in Plettenberg Bay offers all the luxury amenities needed while you prep before the Plett PE MTB race and/or wind down after the event. Have a look at these snapshots below:
There is also a further selection of exclusive rental properties (in Knysna, Noetzie and Plett) available at Dav1es exclusive properties.
Get regular Plettenberg Bay, Knysna & Noetzie news, first.
If you haven’t yet ‘Liked’ the Dav1es Exclusive Holiday Rentals Facebook Page – pop over and have a look at all the Garden Route news and helpful tips we provide on a regular basis. Find out ‘What’s On’ in Plett and which places and activities in Knysna come recommended. All that and so much more at your fingertips.