Self-catering holidays made simple!
Our self-catering holiday rentals all have fully equipped kitchens and outdoor cooking facilities. All our properties are also within short drives from local food markets, grocery shops, supermarkets and farm stalls selling local produce. The Noetzie Castles are a little further (about half an hour from town) so best to stock up before you get there.
The good things about self-catering holidays:
1. As long as the kitchens are fully equipped and functional, self catering holidays are brilliant if you have children so that you can cook and eat whatever the family desires and whenever they feel like eating
2. Eating out every day can be expensive, so for longer stays, self-catering holidays are a “no-brainer”
3. Conversely, cooking for the family every day can also be tiring. Good news! There are many fabulous restaurants in the near driving vicinity of all our villas and holiday rentals.
4. So go ahead and choose your idyllic self-catering villa in Knysna, Noetzie or Plettenberg Bay for your next break!
Once you have booked, make a note of the local markets and shops listed below to make your life easier!
‘Our Dav1es rental property kitchen was such a pleasure to cook in after buying lots of yummy things at the local market.’
Here’s a selection of some of the best local, fresh food farm stalls, markets and local produce in Knysna and Plett to help you to shop during your self catering holiday.
• Thyme & Again is ideally located for our Keurboomstrand beach properties in Plett. It’s on the N2 opposite the Keurboomstrand turnoff; a gorgeously quaint local coffee shop with great local ingredients and delicious light food, pies and quiches. It also has a little playground! | Tel: 044 535 9432 |
• Harkerville Saturday Market is located half way between Knysna and Plett on the N2. It’s great for fresh bread, cheeses and meats needed for a relaxed afternoon lunch and is famous for its Bundu (Bush) Breakfast. | Tel: 084 510 9939 |Open Saturdays 0800 – 1200
• Friday night market in Knysna is also a vibey, buzzing occasion. It has loads of fresh food to take home and offers a great insight into the local Knysna community. For Knysna self-catering holidays, this one is a MUST. | Open Fridays 16h00 – 20h00 |
• Greeff’s butchery is the best butcher in Knysna at 17 Waterfront Drive! Stop here for the best meat in town and all your outdoor barbecue or braai needs for that special evening cookout under the stars. | Tel: 044 382 2607 | Every day 0800 – 1730 / Sat closes at 1330 |
• Food Lovers Market (Fruit and Veg) is a very popular supermarket in Knsyna also on Waterfront Drive and offers heaps of fresh produce, groceries, meat, bread and a wide selection of local fruit and veggies as well as other exotic food items.
Read more on self catering kitchen tips and tricks here in a previous blog
Not yet decided on a self catering villa? This week we feature No.1 The Meadows
When it comes to entertaining in pure luxury surrounds, No 1 The Meadows offers the ultimate vacation rental experience. This property is comfortable, elegant and very spacious. Set within a small, exclusive security estate bordering the renowned Goose Valley golf course it offers both privacy and security.
Indulge in the ultimate luxury perks with poolside living and ample outdoor entertainment areas. Superb views of the Indian Ocean and Tsitsikamma Mountains await you. The garden’s centerpiece is a large heated swimming pool surrounded by manicured lawns, sundecks and elegant outdoor furniture.
That’s not all – unique features include a home entertainment system, two outside showers and private access to a communal hard tennis court. A small pavilion and exclusive picnic area with three small wooden summerhouses and a pond finish off this idyllic property. Totally private and secure, this is a peaceful haven, very safe for children and an idyllic setting for an unforgettable vacation.
When is No1. The Meadows in Plett available for booking? Book now for a fabulous getaway in style! Currently this property is available for booking anytime during 2nd – 24th March (2015) and 16th – 30th April (2015)*. The months of May, June and July are currently free for bookings* but hurry as this property is snapped up rather quickly when looking for self-catering holidays. For more on this luxurious rental and to make your bookings, click here.
*Dates stated correct at time of publication of this article, but the property may have been booked for these dates in the interim. Please check the availability calendar of the property featured above.