Castle Wedding venues are not so easy to find. Castle venues ON THE BEACH are even more difficult to find. At Noetzie in South Africa we can offer the best of both worlds.
Imagine your own intimate fairy-tale beach wedding in a castle on the beach within a beautifully wild & pristine Nature Reserve. Noetzie castles offer just that! Located within the Noetzie conservancy near Knysna on The Garden Route are a number of castles on the beach used not only as holiday rentals but also as some of the best castle wedding venues South Africa’s Western Cape has to offer.
Get married in a castle on the beach at Noetzie – it’s got that “WOW” factor!
Situated along a pristine stretch of the Garden route the Noetzie castles offer extraordinarily unusual wedding venue options. Not only does the architectural history of the castles provide for interesting discussion & added romance but the quiet, secluded beach is literally on the castles’ doorstep! These castle wedding venues offer the dream backdrop for your special day – made all the more memorable with authentic turrets, stone walls, crenellations, breathtaking sunsets and crashing waves to feature in your wedding photographs.
Sinclair Nature Reserve also offers spectacular natural views, flora and fauna and lots of interesting outdoor pursuits for nature lovers. The areas immediately surrounding the Noetzie conservancy (& the quaint towns of Knysna & Plettenberg Bay) additionally offer plenty of adventure activity & things to do for your guests before and after the wedding.
Of all South African wedding venues, the Noetzie castles are arguably one of the most unique and unusual options.
Craighross Castle sleeps 13 | Lindsay Castle sleeps 12
Please note that the castles of Noetzie are steeped in years & years of history and charm and are located within a protected nature reserve and for this reason they do come with a few, reasonable, rules:
- It is possible to conduct your wedding or reception at Craighross & Lindsay Castle but this will be determined by the total number of guests you plan to have staying and attending
- Due to the size of the property we can only consider small, intimate celebrations and they must take place within the property and property boundaries
- Please note that wedding rates apply. Please contact us to find out more
- Minimum booking periods [by season] apply
- Weddings should ideally be coordinated by a good local wedding planner
- It is not possible to cater for very large weddings due to the fact that the area is a very sensitive and pristine nature reserve. For this reason the reserve also stipulates certain rules for the protection of the pristine surroundings:
- No alcohol may be consumed on the beach
- No amplified music or loud hailers
- No vehicles on the beach – any vehicle in violation of this regulation may be confiscated and the driver fined.
- No structures may be erected
- No parking on the Old Wagon Road – only in the public parking area at the top of the hill.
All litter (yes we are including rose petals, etc.) must be removed and placed in refuse bins in the carpark
- No disturbance to other members of the public or residents
- No commercial activities
- No digging or disturbance/removal of sand, rocks, driftwood or any fauna and flora
- All other National, Provincial and Municipal regulations, not listed above, must also be adhered to at all times.
Katie Holmes, Elizabeth Hurley and Madonna all said “I do” followed by wedding receptions in lavish castles and now it’s YOUR TURN. Check availability and compare all our holiday rental properties including the castles or find more about the magical location of Noetzie