Wine estates along the Garden Route offer a sampling of an array of beautiful award winning wines in breath-taking surroundings. Plettenberg Bay (AKA the Plett Wine Route), has been classified as a “Wine of Origin” region and the route between Knysna and Plett offers some of the most beautiful wine estates in the country with sun-kissed bouquets and gourmet fare. Let’s take a look at two prominent vineyards along the Garden Route…
Two beautiful wine estates worth visiting:
What sets Packwood apart from other wine estates?
– An award-winning vineyard in a prime position on a gently rolling hill 330 metres above sea level.
– Amazing views and surrounded by indigenous forest; the sounds of nature in abundance.
– A fully operational dairy farm with 950 resident Jersey cows.
– Award-winning handcrafted wines and bubbly, courtesy of the Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay, & Pinot noir cultivars.
– Homemade cheese platters featuring delicacies from the estate’s farm.
– Easily accessed from both Plett or Knysna for wine tasting & cheese platters or bookable self catering cottages for country style accommodation on a working vineyard.
For more information:
Tel: + 27 (0) 44 532 7614 | Mobile: +27 (0) 82 253 9621
What sets Bramon apart from other wine estates?
– A boutique wine estate with an impressive 250 ton Cellar capacity.
– Prime positioning, sitting just 20km East of Plettenberg Bay.
– Award winning harvests including a sparkling Methode Cap Classique & a still Sauvignon blanc.
– An organic vineyard restaurant overlooking the Tsitsikamma mountains & The Elephant Sanctuary.
– Wines at the restaurant that can be obtained at the cellar price.
– A Tasting Centre on the N2 where one can sample & purchase an array of Bramon wines.
For more information:
Bramon Wine Estate
Tel: + 27 (0) 44 534 8007 | Restaurant: +27 (0) 73 833 8183
Wine is bottled poetry. – Robert Louis Stevenson
Photo Credits: Packwood Wine Estate, Sharyn Hodges Photography, and Bramon Wine Estate.
Looking to rent a holiday property along the Garden Route?
Eagle House in Knysna is situated on the Eastern head of the Famous Knysna Heads. The property is beautifully designed on three levels with spacious entertainment areas and luxurious accommodation. Have a look at these snapshots below:
There is also a further selection of exclusive rental properties (in Knysna, Noetzie and Plett) available at Dav1es exclusive properties.
Get regular Plettenberg Bay, Knysna & Noetzie news, first.
If you haven’t yet ‘Liked’ the Dav1es Exclusive Holiday Rentals Facebook Page – pop over and have a look at all the Garden Route news and helpful tips we provide on a regular basis. Find out ‘What’s On’ in Plett and which places and activities in Knysna come recommended. All that and so much more at your fingertips.