Arguably, best holiday destinations of the world have 5 things in common. We’d say Knysna, Noetzie and Plettenberg Bay have them all!
From South Africa to the Maldives; from Asia to America, there are five factors that make up a “best holiday destination” and we can proudly say that the Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Noetzie stretch of the Garden Route offer them all!
1. Wonderful sightseeing opportunities. Knysna, Plett and Noetzie have a wealth of spectacular attractions. The Knysna Heads are world-famous! They straddle each side of the majestic juncture between fresh water lagoon and salt-water ocean. Seeing the heads from a chartered cruise is an unforgettable experience.
Whale and dolphin watching is a real treat in this whole area as well as natural fauna and diverse flora. The Elephant Sanctuary in Plettenberg Bay and The Knysna Elephant Park, offer a once in a lifetime chance for you to meet the gentle giants face to face! | Tel: +27 (44) 534 8145 | email@example.com | Tel: +27 532 7732 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Activities. This area of the southern coast hosts hugely varied opportunities for the young and old including hiking, diving, biking, scuba-diving, surfing, easy nature walks and much, much more. Numerous chartered sea and lagoon trips are available as well as other boating activities and sunset cruises.
For the nature lover and adrenaline junkie, try the Garden Route Adventure Guide. There are also many local markets and crafting events held in town as well as kids activities, adventure parks, snake sanctuaries and puzzle parks.
3. Multiple landscapes. Nowhere else on earth has such a diverse range of landscapes! From beautiful beaches to breath-taking mountains, flowing rivers, dense forests, fresh water lagoons, lakes and the ocean. Knysna, Noetzie and Plett have it all covered! The best part – all this diversity is within relatively close proximity to each other. For your convenience, have a look at this handy map of the Garden Route.
4. Restaurants. Fresh seafood can’t be beat in Knysna, Plett and Noetzie! Annually, the Knysna Oyster Festival is the place to be for world class oysters and seafood delights. This year the delectable event takes place from the 3rd – 12 July 2015. All year round, Knysna, Plett and surrounds offer restaurants and taverns for all tastes – from casual bistros to luxury five star fine dining. For some great self-catering ideas read our article on fresh produce, quaint shops and farmers markets in the area.
5. Welcoming climate. Knysna, Noetzie and Plettenberg Bay each have the most temperate climate in the world! This means that the weather is not too hot and not too cold. It’s just perfect! This makes holidaying with children an absolute pleasure – no need to change outfits every time the weather changes, a simple light weight jacket will do. This easy weather forecast for the area can help you prepare ahead.
‘When it comes to our best holiday destinations, we choose Knysna, Plett or Noetzie every time.’
Three Luxury rental properties available in our three best holiday destinations:
Here are our top picks for the high-flying vacationer or a luxurious family holiday.
1. Crystal Waters. This luxury rental property offers glitzy style in superbly beautiful surroundings, a perfect haven after a day walking in the Knysna forest. Few properties have views of the Knysna lagoon or ocean, but Crystal Waters has both! Located close to the top of the Eastern Head (of the famous Knysna Heads!) it offers a breathtaking 180-degree vista from the front deck – the ideal spot to enjoy spectacular sunsets. Spread over 3 floors, this prime piece of luxury accommodation sleeps a maximum of 12 people.
When is Crystal Waters available for booking? Book now for this supreme location! Currently this property is available for booking anytime during the period of 24th February until 31st March (2015)*. The month of April is currently free for bookings but hurry as this property is snapped up rather quickly. For more on this luxurious rental and to make your bookings, click here.
2. Craighross Castle. This is one of the most sought-after holiday accommodation rentals in Noetzie.
It’s a castle! What more is there to say?!
The beach is literally a footstep away, with the waves crashing almost underfoot. This private Noetzie Castle is world famous. Located just 20 minutes from Knysna, the stunning oceanfront location and extraordinary design has made it a favourite retreat for the rich and famous – including Nelson Mandela and his family. This property sleeps a maximum of 13 with 6 en suite bathrooms.
When is Craighross Castle available for booking? Book now as this property gets booked up quickly. Currently, it’s available for bookings anytime during the period 24th February to 28th March (2015)*. For more on this luxurious rental and to make your bookings, click here.
3. Home By The Beach. If you’re looking for luxury comforts and an elegant pool, but also love access to the beach…. this property is for you! This property sits on the sand dunes and is about 5km east of Plettenberg Bay. This means it offers uninterrupted sea views and is less than 100m from the Indian Ocean looking over the pristine beaches of Keurboomstrand! Dolphins and whales can be viewed almost every day in season. It sleeps 8 people maximum and has a 10m rim-flow swimming pool.
When is Home By The Beach available for booking? Book now for this ‘best of both worlds’ property! It’s currently available for booking anytime during 28th February – 29th March (2015)*. For more on this luxurious rental and to make your bookings, click here.
*Dates stated correct at time of publication of this article, but the property may have been booked for these dates in the interim. Please check the availability calendar of the property featured above.